Definitions of variation:
- noun: an activity that varies from a norm or standard
Example: "Any variation in his routine was immediately reported"
- noun: the act of changing or altering something slightly but noticeably from the norm or standard
Example: "Who is responsible for these variations in taxation?"
- noun: an artifact that deviates from a norm or standard
Example: "He patented a variation on the sandal"
- noun: a repetition of a musical theme in which it is modified or embellished
- noun: an instance of change; the rate or magnitude of change
- noun: (astronomy) any perturbation of the mean motion or orbit of a planet or satellite (especially a perturbation of the earth's moon)
- noun: (ballet) a solo dance or dance figure
- noun: something a little different from others of the same type
- noun: (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
- noun: the angle (at a particular location) between magnetic north and true north
Search for variation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse