Definitions of visit:
- noun: the act of going to see some person in a professional capacity
Example: "A visit to the dentist"
- noun: the act of visiting in an official capacity (as for an inspection)
- noun: the act of going to see some person or place or thing for a short time
Example: "He dropped by for a visit"
- noun: a meeting arranged by the visitor to see someone (such as a doctor or lawyer) for treatment or advice
Example: "He scheduled a visit to the dentist"
- noun: a temporary stay (e.g., as a guest)
- verb: pay a brief visit
- verb: visit a place, as for entertainment
- verb: assail
Example: "He was visited with a terrible illness that killed him quickly"
- verb: stay with as a guest
Example: "Every summer, we visited our relatives in the country for a month"
- verb: come to see in an official or professional capacity
Example: "The governor visited the prison"
- verb: talk socially without exchanging too much information
- verb: go to certain places as for sightseeing
Example: "Did you ever visit Paris?"
- verb: impose something unpleasant
Example: "The principal visited his rage on the students"
Search for visit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse