Definitions of volume:
- noun: the magnitude of sound (usually in a specified direction)
Example: "The kids played their music at full volume"
- noun: a publication that is one of a set of several similar publications
Example: "The third volume was missing"
- noun: the amount of 3-dimensional space occupied by an object
Example: "The gas expanded to twice its original volume"
- noun: a relative amount
Example: "Mix one volume of the solution with ten volumes of water"
- noun: physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together
- noun: the property of something that is great in magnitude
Example: "The volume of exports"
Search for volume at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse