Definitions of wall:
- noun: an architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure
Example: "The south wall had a small window"
- noun: a masonry fence (as around an estate or garden)
Example: "The wall followed the road"
- noun: a layer of material that encloses space
Example: "The walls of the cylinder were perforated"
- noun: (anatomy) a layer (a lining or membrane) that encloses a structure
Example: "Stomach walls"
- noun: anything that suggests a wall in structure or function or effect
Example: "A wall of water"
- noun: a vertical (or almost vertical) smooth rock face (as of a cave or mountain)
- noun: a difficult or awkward situation
Example: "His back was to the wall"
- noun: an embankment built around a space for defensive purposes
Example: "They blew the trumpet and the walls came tumbling down"
- verb: surround with a wall in order to fortify
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 4761 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #555)
Search for wall at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia