Definitions of wander:
- verb: go via an indirect route or at no set pace
Example: "After dinner, we wandered into town"
- verb: move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
Example: "The wandering Jew"
- verb: lose clarity or turn aside especially from the main subject of attention or course of argument in writing, thinking, or speaking
Example: "Her mind wanders"
- verb: be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage
Example: "Might her husband be wandering?"
- verb: to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course
Example: "Sometimes, the gout wanders through the entire body"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #38864)
Search for wander at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse