Definitions of weight:
- noun: an artifact that is heavy
- noun: sports equipment used in calisthenic exercises and weightlifting; a weight that is not attached to anything and is raised and lowered by use of the hands and arms
- noun: the vertical force exerted by a mass as a result of gravity
- noun: the relative importance granted to something
Example: "His opinion carries great weight"
- noun: an oppressive feeling of heavy force
Example: "Bowed down by the weight of responsibility"
- noun: (statistics) a coefficient assigned to elements of a frequency distribution in order to represent their relative importance
- noun: a unit used to measure weight
Example: "He placed two weights in the scale pan"
- noun: a system of units used to express the weight of something
- verb: present with a bias
- verb: weight down with a load
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #16680)
Search for weight at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2023 Datamuse