Definitions of yellow:
- noun: the quality or state of the chromatic color resembling the hue of sunflowers or ripe lemons
- verb: turn yellow
Example: "The pages of the book began to yellow"
- adjective: cowardly or treacherous
Example: "The little yellow stain of treason-M.W.Straight"
- adjective: changed to a yellowish color by age
Example: "Yellowed parchment"
- adjective: similar to the color of an egg yolk
- adjective: affected by jaundice which causes yellowing of skin etc
- adjective: easily frightened
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #30865)
Search for yellow at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia