Definitions of zero:
- noun: the quantity that registers a reading of zero on a scale
- noun: a mathematical element that when added to another number yields the same number
- noun: a quantity of no importance
- verb: adjust (as by firing under test conditions) the zero of (a gun)
Example: "He zeroed in his rifle at 200 yards"
- verb: adjust (an instrument or device) to zero value
- adjective: indicating the absence of any or all units under consideration
Example: "A zero score"
- adjective: indicating an initial point or origin
- adjective: of or relating to the null set (a set with no members)
Search for zero at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia