Hey you! Yes, you! Thank you for adding beauty to the world!
Definitions of actual:
- adjective: taking place in reality; not pretended or imitated
Example: "We saw the actual wedding on television"
- adjective: of the nature of fact; having actual existence
Example: "Rocks and trees...the actual world"
- adjective: being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something
Example: "Her actual motive"
- adjective: presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible
Example: "The predicted temperature and the actual temperature were markedly different"
- adjective: being or existing at the present moment
Example: "The ship's actual position is 22 miles due south of Key West"
- adjective: existing in fact whether with lawful authority or not
Search for actual at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse