Definitions of aside:
- noun: a line spoken by an actor to the audience but not intended for others on the stage
- noun: a message that departs from the main subject
- adverb: in reserve; not for immediate use
Example: "Started setting aside money to buy a car"
- adverb: on or to one side
Example: "Step aside"
- adverb: out of the way (especially away from one's thoughts)
Example: "Brush the objections aside"
- adverb: placed or kept separate and distinct as for a purpose
Example: "A day set aside for relaxing"
- adverb: not taken into account or excluded from consideration
Example: "All joking aside, I think you're crazy"
- adverb: in a different direction
Example: "Turn aside"
Search for aside at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia