Definitions of cement:
- noun: something that hardens to act as adhesive material
- noun: a building material that is a powder made of a mixture of calcined limestone and clay; used with water and sand or gravel to make concrete and mortar
- noun: concrete pavement is sometimes referred to as cement
Example: "They stood on the gray cement beside the pool"
- noun: any of various materials used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth
- noun: a specialized bony substance covering the root of a tooth
- verb: make fast as if with cement
Example: "We cemented our friendship"
- verb: bind or join with or as if with cement
- verb: cover or coat with cement
Search for cement at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia