Definitions of compact:
- noun: a small cosmetics case with a mirror; to be carried in a woman's purse
- noun: a small and economical car
- noun: a signed written agreement between two or more parties (nations) to perform some action
- verb: have the property of being packable or compactable or of compacting easily
Example: "This powder compacts easily"
- verb: make more compact by or as if by pressing
- verb: squeeze or press together
- verb: compress into a wad
- adjective: closely and firmly united or packed together
Example: "Compact soil"
- adjective: closely crowded together
Example: "A compact shopping center"
- adjective: heavy and compact in form or stature
Example: "A wrestler of compact build"
- adjective: briefly giving the gist of something
Example: "A compact style is brief and pithy"
Search for compact at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse