Definitions of cycle:
- noun: a single complete execution of a periodically repeated phenomenon
Example: "A year constitutes a cycle of the seasons"
- noun: a periodically repeated sequence of events
Example: "A cycle of reprisal and retaliation"
- noun: a series of poems or songs on the same theme
Example: "Schubert's song cycles"
- noun: an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs
Example: "The neverending cycle of the seasons"
- noun: a wheeled vehicle that has two wheels and is moved by foot pedals
- noun: the unit of frequency; one Hertz has a periodic interval of one second
- verb: pass through a cycle
Example: "This machine automatically cycles"
- verb: cause to go through a recurring sequence
Example: "Cycle thge laundry in this washing program"
- verb: recur in repeating sequences
- verb: ride a bicycle
- verb: ride a motorcycle
Search for cycle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia