Definitions of game:
- noun: a contest with rules to determine a winner
Example: "You need four people to play this game"
- noun: a single play of a game
Example: "The game lasted 2 hours"
- noun: an amusement or pastime
Example: "They played word games"
- noun: frivolous or trifling behavior
Example: "For actors, memorizing lines is no game"
- noun: your occupation or line of work
Example: "He's in the plumbing game"
- noun: animal hunted for food or sport
- noun: the game equipment needed to play a game
Example: "The child received several games for his birthday"
- noun: the flesh of wild animals that is used for food
- noun: (games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win
Example: "The game is 6 all"
- noun: a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal)
Example: "I saw through his little game from the start"
- verb: place a bet on
- adjective: willing to face danger
- adjective: disabled in the feet or legs
Example: "A game leg"
Search for game at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia