Definitions of hamper:
- noun: a basket usually with a cover
- noun: a restraint that confines or restricts freedom (especially something used to tie down or restrain a prisoner)
- verb: prevent the progress or free movement of
Example: "He was hampered in his efforts by the bad weather"
- verb: put at a disadvantage
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #84100)
Search for hamper at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...