Definitions of in:
- noun: a unit of length equal to one twelfth of a foot
- noun: a rare soft silvery metallic element; occurs in small quantities in sphalerite
- noun: a state in midwestern United States
- adjective: currently fashionable
Example: "The in thing to do"
- adverb: inside an enclosed space
- adverb: to or toward the inside of
Example: "Come in"
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 33333 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1979)
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #21503)
Search for in at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia