Definitions of isolated:
- adjective: under forced isolation especially for health reasons
Example: "Isolated patients"
- adjective: cut off or left behind
Example: "An isolated pawn"
- adjective: not close together in time
Example: "Isolated instances of rebellion"
- adjective: being or feeling set or kept apart from others
Example: "Could not remain the isolated figure he had been- Sherwood Anderson"
- adjective: marked by separation of or from usually contiguous elements
Example: "Little isolated worlds, as abruptly disjunct and unexpected as a palm-shaded well in the Sahara- Scientific Monthly"
- adjective: remote and separate physically or socially
Example: "Tiny isolated villages remote from centers of civilization"
Search for isolated at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse