Definitions of objective:
- noun: the lens or system of lenses nearest the object being viewed
- noun: the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable)
- adjective: undistorted by emotion or personal bias; based on observable phenomena
Example: "An objective appraisal"
- adjective: emphasizing or expressing things as perceived without distortion of personal feelings or interpretation
Example: "Objective art"
- adjective: serving as or indicating the object of a verb or of certain prepositions and used for certain other purposes
Example: "Objective case"
- adjective: belonging to immediate experience of actual things or events
Example: "There is no objective evidence of anything of the kind"
Search for objective at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse