Definitions of patch:
- noun: a piece of cloth used as decoration or to mend or cover a hole
- noun: a short set of commands to correct a bug in a computer program
- noun: a piece of soft material that covers and protects an injured part of the body
- noun: a protective cloth covering for an injured eye
- noun: sewing or darning that repairs a worn or torn hole (especially in a garment)
- noun: a connection intended to be used for a limited time
- noun: a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation
Example: "A cabbage patch"
- noun: a small contrasting part of something
Example: "A patch of clouds"
- noun: a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition
Example: "A patch of bad weather"
- verb: provide with a patch; also used metaphorically
Example: "The field was patched with snow"
- verb: mend by putting a patch on
Example: "Patch a hole"
- verb: to join or unite the pieces of
Example: "Patch the skirt"
- verb: repair by adding pieces
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6066)
Search for patch at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse