Definitions of security:
- noun: measures taken as a precaution against theft or espionage or sabotage etc.
Example: "Military security has been stepped up since the recent uprising"
- noun: a guarantee that an obligation will be met
- noun: freedom from anxiety or fear
Example: "The watch dog gave her a feeling of security"
- noun: a department responsible for the security of the institution's property and workers
Example: "The head of security was a former policeman"
- noun: defense against financial failure; financial independence
Example: "His pension gave him security in his old age"
- noun: property that your creditor can claim in case you default on your obligation
Example: "Bankers are reluctant to lend without good security"
- noun: a formal declaration that documents a fact of relevance to finance and investment; the holder has a right to receive interest or dividends
- noun: the state of being free from danger or injury
Example: "We support the armed services in the name of national security"
- noun: an electrical device that sets off an alarm when someone tries to break in
Search for security at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...