Celebrating 25 years!
Definitions of warrant:
- noun: a writ from a court commanding police to perform specified acts
- noun: a type of security issued by a corporation (usually together with a bond or preferred stock) that gives the holder the right to purchase a certain amount of common stock at a stated price
Example: "As a sweetener they offered warrants along with the fixed-income securities"
- noun: a written assurance that some product or service will be provided or will meet certain specifications
- noun: formal and explicit approval
- verb: stand behind and guarantee the quality, accuracy, or condition of
Example: "The dealer warrants all the cars he sells"
- verb: show to be reasonable or provide adequate ground for
Example: "The emergency does not warrant all of us buying guns"
Search for warrant at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse